Del Rio area drug dealer sweep nabs 21 suspects
April 20th 2012 · 1 Comment
Authorities say most of the suspects are from Dimmit County and all faced initial court appearances Friday in Del Rio.
A federal grand jury in Del Rio this week returned five indictments in the undercover investigation involving cocaine and methamphetamine suppliers.
The charges include conspiracy, possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school.
Investigators say the sales allegedly took place near Central Elementary School in Carrizo Springs and Big Wells Elementary School in Big Wells.
The arrests were announced Thursday afternoon.
(Copyright ©2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
A version of this column originally appeared in www.valleycentral.com.
Incoming search terms:
- dea raids in carrizo springs tx
- ksat news relating drug bust in crystal city texas
- ksat news raid in carrizo springs texas
- drug raid in south texas 2014
- dea raids in carrizo springs tx 2014
- Carrizo Springs Drug Raid
- crytal city tx drug raids 2014
- crystal city carrizo springs drug bust oct 2014
- crystal city carrizo springs drug bust
- carrizo springs methamphetamine arresrs 2014
Tags: area, Authorities, Big Wells, Border City, Carrizo Springs, cocaine, Conspiracy, Continue, Controlled Substance, Court Appearances, dealer, Del Rio area, Del Rio Texas, drug dealer, Federal Grand Jury, Federal Prosecutors, Indictments, Investigators, mass, Methamphetamine, Nabs, People, Possession, Prosecutors, reading, Rio Grand, Thursday Afternoon, Undercover Investigation, Wells Elementary School