Del Rio area drug dealer sweep nabs 21 suspects
April 20th 2012 · 1 Comment
Authorities say most of the suspects are from Dimmit County and all faced initial court appearances Friday in Del Rio.
A federal grand jury in Del Rio this week returned five indictments in the undercover investigation involving cocaine and methamphetamine suppliers.
The charges include conspiracy, possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school.
Investigators say the sales allegedly took place near Central Elementary School in Carrizo Springs and Big Wells Elementary School in Big Wells.
The arrests were announced Thursday afternoon.
(Copyright ©2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
A version of this column originally appeared in www.valleycentral.com.
Incoming search terms:
- del rio tx new on k2 bust
- carrizo springs drug raids names
- publuc records/carrizo spri comgs texas/dimmit county/marisela Arellano
- Meth Bust in Carrizo Springs
- drug smugelers caught in del rio tx from morelos coahuila
- drug ring; del rio texas
- drug raids in carrizo springs texas
- drug raid in carrizo springs texas
- drug raid in carrizo springs in news
- drug raid in carrizo springs
Tags: area, Authorities, Big Wells, Border City, Carrizo Springs, cocaine, Conspiracy, Continue, Controlled Substance, Court Appearances, dealer, Del Rio area, Del Rio Texas, drug dealer, Federal Grand Jury, Federal Prosecutors, Indictments, Investigators, mass, Methamphetamine, Nabs, People, Possession, Prosecutors, reading, Rio Grand, Thursday Afternoon, Undercover Investigation, Wells Elementary School